|Home » Student Services » Voter Registration|
|To register to vote in the City of New York, you must:|
- Be a citizen of the United States (Includes those persons born in Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
- Be a New York City resident for at least 30 days.
- Be 18 years of age before the next election.
- Not be serving a jail sentence or be on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere (outside the City of New York).
|Although you can register any time during the year, your form must be delivered or mailed at least 25 days before the next election for it to be effective for that election.|